*sigh*
I set myself a goal this week, to finish the back of the two tone green vest. By Friday, I had the back finished, and I was all very pleased with myself, until now...... I took photos of the piece, and uploaded it onto my computer, and found a huge glaring mistake.
If you look at the top of the piece, you'll notice that there are two rows of dark diamonds together - such a silly mistake! While it's not something I need to get done ASAP (being the middle of summer and all), every time I look at it, the mistake will be staring at me, saying 'Ha! You thought you could finish a goal on schedule!', so I'll have to frog it and fix it today. Lucky I've nothing planned!
In other knitting related news, I received Jo Sharp's book number 6 in the mail, from Ozeyarn. I bought it specifically for Cosmopolitan, a wrap around long sleeve jumper, as I bought the yarn for it (Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid Mohair) from Elann about a month or so ago. With the book, they kindly (and unexpectedly) sent me lots of Jo Sharp shade cards:
The yarns and colours are really lovely, but unfortunately generally out of my price range. Perhaps one day I won't feel squeamish about spending over $100 in yarn for a jumper, and I'll be able to regularly buy yarn from the likes of Jo Sharp, Rowan, Jaeger etc., but not while I'm still at uni!
If you look at the top of the piece, you'll notice that there are two rows of dark diamonds together - such a silly mistake! While it's not something I need to get done ASAP (being the middle of summer and all), every time I look at it, the mistake will be staring at me, saying 'Ha! You thought you could finish a goal on schedule!', so I'll have to frog it and fix it today. Lucky I've nothing planned!
In other knitting related news, I received Jo Sharp's book number 6 in the mail, from Ozeyarn. I bought it specifically for Cosmopolitan, a wrap around long sleeve jumper, as I bought the yarn for it (Jo Sharp Rare Comfort Kid Mohair) from Elann about a month or so ago. With the book, they kindly (and unexpectedly) sent me lots of Jo Sharp shade cards:
The yarns and colours are really lovely, but unfortunately generally out of my price range. Perhaps one day I won't feel squeamish about spending over $100 in yarn for a jumper, and I'll be able to regularly buy yarn from the likes of Jo Sharp, Rowan, Jaeger etc., but not while I'm still at uni!
1 Comments:
Thankyou for the compliments! I must admit, the green vest is not intarsia. I'm just carrying the yarns at the back of my work. The pattern recommended that, and as it's my first attempt at colour work, I thought doing that would be not as scary as intarsia.
The maroon vest is my first attempt at cabling - I like to try and learn a new knitting skill with most of the projects I attempt. I think a lot of knitting techniques look scary, but aren't once you have a go (so I've found so far, anyway)!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home