We have FOs!
Here are the pictures I promised!
As I mentioned previously, a friend's sister had a baby boy a few weeks ago, so I knitted up an umbilical hat, from Stitch N Bitch.

Using Patons Big Baby 4ply, double stranded. I had such a hard time picking out a colour, as I'm not such a fan of pastels, so all the shades looked kinda gross. Here's hoping the recipient's parents are bigger fans of the traditional baby colours than I am!
I also finished the green vest yesterday. While some of the finishing is a bit rough, I am still quite proud of it, being my first wearable garment that I've knitted.

I'm not really in the modelling mood at the moment, so I've opted for the 'lying flat on the carpet' look to present it. The light green diamonds around the start of the neck ribbing look a little strange in the photo - trust me, they look better in person.
As per usual, I miscalculated the amount of yarn I would need for the project, so I have light and olive green yarn coming out of my ears still.
As sad as it is, I'm feeling a little knitted out today, so I won't be starting a new project right away. I have three projects on the go still, two of which have been hanging around for ages, so I think it's best to try and get them finished before I start any more.
As I mentioned previously, a friend's sister had a baby boy a few weeks ago, so I knitted up an umbilical hat, from Stitch N Bitch.
Using Patons Big Baby 4ply, double stranded. I had such a hard time picking out a colour, as I'm not such a fan of pastels, so all the shades looked kinda gross. Here's hoping the recipient's parents are bigger fans of the traditional baby colours than I am!
I also finished the green vest yesterday. While some of the finishing is a bit rough, I am still quite proud of it, being my first wearable garment that I've knitted.
I'm not really in the modelling mood at the moment, so I've opted for the 'lying flat on the carpet' look to present it. The light green diamonds around the start of the neck ribbing look a little strange in the photo - trust me, they look better in person.
As per usual, I miscalculated the amount of yarn I would need for the project, so I have light and olive green yarn coming out of my ears still.
As sad as it is, I'm feeling a little knitted out today, so I won't be starting a new project right away. I have three projects on the go still, two of which have been hanging around for ages, so I think it's best to try and get them finished before I start any more.
2 Comments:
Yowza! I love it!!! My god, the amount of time and concentration! Beautiful!
Congrats to you!
Thanks!
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home