Patons Inca
I'd been meaning to write about this yarn for a little while, but now that I have some in my hot little hands, I can also show photos. I don't really like the yarn Patons, Cleckheaton and Panda come out with as a general rule, but I find myself quite drawn to this yarn. It's a wool/acrylic/mohair blend, that's about 12 ply. The colourways I like the most are ones (such as the one photographed) that are three different colours plied together. It knits up quite nicely, and is pretty wool-soft (as opposed to the sort of softness you get from acrylic) to the touch.

I'm planning on using it for a cabled zip-up jacket (I think it's offered as a free pattern if you buy a certain amount of Merino Stretch from Elann), but I had to order the yarn in from Spotlight (who have it on sale for $3.80 a ball, but only carry about 3 balls of each colourway in stock), so it'll be a little while before it invades my already yarn-filled room.
In other knitting, I'm up to the armhole decreases on the back of Matt's diagonal rib jumper. It's always a relief, in a way, to get to the armhole decreases, because I feel like I'm only a hop, step and a jump away from shoulder decreases and the end of that part of the garment. I should also note that I have a very short attention span. I'm also in the process of quickly whipping up some foul neon pink and teal legwarmers. I am consciously making them foul-coloured as well! Why subject myself to such retina-burning colours, you ask? I'm making them for an '80s party I'll be going to in a few weeks, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to a). wear legwarmers and b). wear neon colours. They should look dashing with the electric blue fishnets I bought to go with them.
I'm planning on using it for a cabled zip-up jacket (I think it's offered as a free pattern if you buy a certain amount of Merino Stretch from Elann), but I had to order the yarn in from Spotlight (who have it on sale for $3.80 a ball, but only carry about 3 balls of each colourway in stock), so it'll be a little while before it invades my already yarn-filled room.
In other knitting, I'm up to the armhole decreases on the back of Matt's diagonal rib jumper. It's always a relief, in a way, to get to the armhole decreases, because I feel like I'm only a hop, step and a jump away from shoulder decreases and the end of that part of the garment. I should also note that I have a very short attention span. I'm also in the process of quickly whipping up some foul neon pink and teal legwarmers. I am consciously making them foul-coloured as well! Why subject myself to such retina-burning colours, you ask? I'm making them for an '80s party I'll be going to in a few weeks, and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to a). wear legwarmers and b). wear neon colours. They should look dashing with the electric blue fishnets I bought to go with them.
1 Comments:
Dang, I picked up my order of Inca yesterday, so hopefully it will turn out alright.
What is it about the yarn that makes you unimpressed with it? I have only knitted up the tiny bit of cabling in the photo, so I haven't really formed an opinion on what it's like to knit with.
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home