(whinge warning) Frustration is...
... coming to the realisation that something that you've worked on isn't going to work, in a 'it's not me, it's you' way. I've really wanted to finish something substantial this winter, and I thought the cabled jacket was going to be it. It was a 12ply yarn (Patons Inca) so it would knit up quick, the cables looked good knitted up, and even the redesign of the raglan sleeves looked good - in fact, everything was looking good. That was until I seamed it up, and tried it on. If you think of a gorilla crossed with a gridiron player, you're getting close to the mark. Raglan sleeves in 2x2 rib + Patons Inca ≠ an attractive garment. Now that I think about it, it's not Inca's fault, it's not like it screamed to be made into a cabled jacket.
This disaster has made me so annoyed. All that effort, and all that yarn (20 balls) that I have to find a new use for. I had a look in the Inca pattern book, and nothing grabs me *sigh*.
On top of that, I'm currently having knitting blog jealousy. Everyone seems so much more productive than me, and thus have more to show on their blogs.
Argh, I'm so shitty right now!
This disaster has made me so annoyed. All that effort, and all that yarn (20 balls) that I have to find a new use for. I had a look in the Inca pattern book, and nothing grabs me *sigh*.
On top of that, I'm currently having knitting blog jealousy. Everyone seems so much more productive than me, and thus have more to show on their blogs.
Argh, I'm so shitty right now!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home