Monday, January 02, 2006

ah, 2006.

Let me say now that I really dislike New Year's resolutions. I figure that if you really want to do something, you don't need to wait until it clicks into the new year to start. Having said that, I've made a goal for this blog, that has happened to fall on the dawn of 2006.

I think it's high time I got serious with this blog. Posting once every blue moon is a little ridiculous, especially when I end up not posting about some projects at all. So, I'm going to aim to post at least once a week. This may not be a particularly realistic goal, especially since I've gotten into honours, so I'll have a thesis to write, but I'm still going to make a concerted effort.

I mentioned in a previous post that I ended up knitting different things for my mother in law and dad for Christmas. The yarn that I planned to use for the Leisel scarf just didn't seem conducive to lace, so I ended up knitting her a spiral (aka ruffles) scarf.




To be honest, I'm not sure if she liked it, but she did manage to stretch and pull at it within 1 minute of it being presented to her. She did mention that she liked the colour though (which refuses to be accurate in any photograph I take of it).

I mentioned to Mum that I wanted to make Dad a pair of fingerless gloves for Christmas, but she soon vetoed that by saying he loves the socks I knitted for his birthday. I knit him 2 pairs of socks, which went down a treat, but I forgot to photograph them, because I'm a dope. I will still make him the fingerless gloves, but for his birthday. It makes more sense to do it this way, as his birthday is the last day of autumn, so they'll be more immediately useful.

At the moment, I've been working on Cosmoplitan from Jo Sharp's book Village.


Two harmless triangles?


Tada!

It is zooming along, with both front pieces completed, and about half way through the back. The knitted pieces themselves look good, but I have a sneaking suspicion that I could look like Oscar the Grouch with it on, but only time will tell. To be honest, I'll be glad to see the balls of rare comfort out of my knitting pile. Am I the only one who chooses a project, because it will remove a particular yarn from the stash?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home