Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The joys of the sleeve

The back's done on Cosmopolitan (every time I type that word, I'm impressed by how many 'o's have been jammed in), and I'm now down to the sleeves. Whenever I get close to finishing a project, no matter how enjoyable, I start wistfully dreaming of the next project. This time is no exception, besides it making me seriously think about my stash. A quick stocktake when I was in the shower revealed that I have enough yarn for the following planned projects:

- 3 jumpers/cardigans, 2 of them fine gauge
- 2 scarves
- 2 vests
- 2-3 pairs of socks
- 1 pair of fingerless gloves
- 1 hat
- 1 pair of slippers

This doesn't even count the 3 neglected projects still on the needles (a vest, a plastic bag bag and floor cushions), nor did I think about it too hard (we're in a drought you know, too much thinking in the shower would have caused the reservoirs to run dry). If the above list were to be my finished objects list for this year, both Matt and I would be very happy - I would feel productive, Matt would have less yarn to fight his way though when trying to get from one room to another.

I wonder if I can either refrain from buying any yarn this year, or more realistically, I wonder if I can have a net decrease in my stash by the end of this year? I think I'll add that to my yarn-based challenges for 2006.

Getting back to the project at hand, I'd like to think I can get the sleeves done this weekend. The only thing I can envision stopping this from happening is house hunting. We're trying to find a nicer house than we are living in at the moment, and we're hoping to hear about our application on a really nice house today. All going well, our house hunting will have only lasted around 2 weeks this time round, instead of the 5 months to finally get the place we're at now. May the house renting gods be smiling upon us today......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home